Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Philly....the historical stuff

Statue of Ben Franklin

Betsy Ross House




Eleni trying to break into the carousel




Elefreth's Alley....the oldest continuously residential neighborhood


Liberty Bell




During our carriage ride through town.


Statue outside IH...the father of the Navy, I think?




During our tour of Independence Hall...where they wrote the declaration of independence.


Independence Hall


There was soooo much cool stuff to see in Philly that we didn't have time to see it all. Here are the highlights of the historical sights...and there were a lot of them! I think our favorite thing was just walking around.....everywhere you looked there was a historic building. It was beautiful! I loved that through the years a great deal of effort was put in keeping history alive through the streets of Philadelphia. I learned so much about our Nation's history during our trip. It also gave me the desire to learn more...and the regret that I didn't pay more attention during my US History class in high school!

No comments: