Thursday, September 11, 2008

future ballerina??? not at this rate!



Despina had her first ballet class yesterday and after a successful first day of Sunday school I thought it would go great. Well....not exactly! She woke up early (6am)which meant by the time class started at 10am she was already tired. Getting dressed for class went well....which surprised me because typically getting this kid to put on tights is like pulling teeth! We got to the class (only about 5 min away) and she was ready to go. That is until she saw all the other "energetic" girls in her class running around. Shortly after class started she went and stood by the other girls but once they had to move to the other side of the studio so they walk across the floor Despina was done. She came walking out the door with a quivering lip proclaiming, " I didn't want to do anything" And that's when the tears started :( Luckily they were short lived and a few moments later she rejoined her class. Her teacher handled it great! Not pushing too hard but still frequently including her hoping she would join in. Though she never fully participated, (she mostly stood watching the others)she still got a sticker from her teacher and she says she'll dance next time. I know she was interested in dancing because when Tim came home from work she showed him what they did in class. I'll keep you posted on our makings of a ballerina ;)
And wish us luck at soccer practice next week!

No comments: